VTCT (ITEC) Level 4 Certificate in Skin Needling
The VTCT (ITEC) Level 4 Certificate in Skin Needling is an advanced therapy qualification aimed at level 3 qualified practitioners aged 18 and over, who wish to add this therapy to their repertoire of treatment offerings. Learners are required to hold a level 3 beauty therapy qualification or equivalent.
The VTCT (ITEC) Level 4 Certificate in Skin Needling is an advanced therapy qualification aimed at level 3 qualified practitioners aged 18 and over, who wish to add this therapy to their repertoire of treatment offerings.
Learners are required to hold a level 3 beauty therapy qualification or equivalent.
This qualification is informed by employers and national occupational standards for beauty therapy and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a fully commercial skin needling practitioner. Learners must achieve all mandatory units which include:
WHAT IS DERMAL SKIN NEEDLING?
Dermal skin needling is a procedure that uses multiple needles to pierce the skin to create tiny injuries deep within the skin. These dermal injuries promote the normal skin repair mechanisms and natural reproduction of collagen and elastin. As the punctures are only microscopic, the treatment is minimally invasive with little damage to the epidermis, thus the collagen production is significantly quicker than some other more aggressive treatments.
The new collagen fills depressed scars and wrinkles from the bottom up lifting the depressions so that they are level with the surrounding skin. This helps to visibly reduce the appearance of fine line and wrinkles and can also help thicken thin, crepey skin. This process takes 2-3 months. Not only does the process make the skin feel rejuvenated, smoother and tighter but it also perforates and softens fibrous scar tissue enabling the deposition of new collagen.
WHAT SKIN CONDITIONS CAN BE TREATED WITH DERMAL SKIN NEEDLING?
Dermal Skin Needling can be used for the treatment of:
- Lines and wrinkles
- Acne scars, chicken pox scars, surgical scars (more than 6 months old)
- Sun-damaged skin
- Dull skin
- Enlarged Pores
- Naso-labial lines and smoker’s lines
- Rejuvenation of hands, neck and décolletage
- Thin, Crepey skin
- Stretch marks
THE MAIN BENEFITS OF SKIN NEEDLING!
- Non-ablative (epidermis remains intact)
- Restores skin tightness in the early stages of facial aging
- Relatively minor procedure may be suitable for patients worried about surgery
- Arms, abdomen, thighs and buttocks may also be treated
- Helps diminish ﬁne wrinkles
- Avoid dermabrasion for acne scarring. Skin becomes thicker with superior results
- An alternate option to laser treatment.
- To give “white” scars a more ﬂesh coloured tone
- No permanent damage to the skin
- Crepey skin may become thicker
- Shorter healing phase than more aggressive treatments
- Skin does not become sun-sensitive
- Can be used after laser resurfacing or on patients with very thin skin
- Possible elimination of telangiectasia
- Easy-to-master technique with a specially designed tool
- Immediate effect and an improvement of troubled areas as new collagen is stimulated
- Performed with a surgical grade instrument with stainless steel micro needles, ranging from 0.5mm to 1.5mm in length. Scaring is treated with needles up to 2.5mm.
- Treatment promotes the natural reproduction of collagen and elastin, making the skin smoother and tighter. Creates only microscopic punctures in the epidermis, therefore skin needling is minimally invasive with little damage to the epidermis resulting in significantly quicker collagen production than more aggressive treatments.
- Suitable for all skin types (Contraindications must be followed and adhered to at all times when assessing a potential deraml skin needling patient.)
- Cost effective treatment
DERMAL SKIN NEEDLING FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What do I do before my treatment?
Prior to the treatment the skin is prepared with a gentle skin cleanser (double cleanse) and a numbing cream is applied for up to 30mins prior to the treatment. This minimises any discomfort.
ONLY Panadol can be taken prior to your treatment.
How long will any side effects last?
Some clients experience redness that may last for 12 to 24 hours on average. It is important to protect the skin with a broad spectrum SPF50+.sunscreen.
Side effects are minimal, including mild swelling, mild bruising and peeling. These effects are actually normal and increase the blood, oxygen, collagen and elastin flow to the area. These visible affects usually only last for a day or so. It is very important to protect the skin with a broad spectrum sunscreen SPF50+ after the treatment.
What Products are used during the treatment?
PINK SERUM, containing hyaluronic acid, is used during the treatment. The needles push the serum into the dermis which helps to hydrate the skin, stimulate collagen production and optimise results. This can be purchased after your treatment. Other serums in the Clairderm and BeautyMed range can also be used depending on the skin condition that is being treated.
Hyaluronic Acid and dermal skin needling
Hyaluronic acid gel is used during the treatment to help hydrate the skin and minimise fine lines. This can be purchased after your treatment. The treatment promotes the natural reproduction of collagen and elastin, making the skin feel smoother and tighter. Creating only microscopic punctures in the epidermis, skin needling is minimally invasive with little damage to the epidermis which means the collagen production is significantly quicker than some other more aggressive treatments.
What can I expect after the treatment?
The skin can feel tender and warm. To keep the risk of infection and sensitivity to a minimum do not use anything that contains glycolic acid, retinol and acidic skin care with “active” ingredients. Avoid touching or rubbing the face, and use minimal makeup (mineral only). Due to the skin being so sensitive it is recommended to avoid sun exposure and solarium use for at least 24 hours.
When can I have my next treatment done?
Treatments can be repeated anytime after 3 weeks depending on your skins natural healing. Normally a minimum of 3 treatments are required. However, if scarring is being treated more treatments are normally required for optimal results.
How do I care for my skin after the treatment?
Skin needling promotes the natural reproduction of collagen and elastin, making the skin feel smoother and tighter. To ensure you optimise and maintain the results its recommended that you follow a strict maintenance program after the treatment using a professional cosmeceutical skin care range like Tissue Oil After Treatment Oil with SPF. which includes a quality range of active regenerating, hydrating and nutritive creams and serums.
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other DermaplanePro Australia users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.